Last Updated: May 29th, 2012
A Note About the Privacy of Children Under 13
The Company Site is not directed to or otherwise promoted for use by children under the age of thirteen (13). We or third-parties acting on our behalf do not knowingly collect or use any personal information of anyone under the age of thirteen (13).
1. What Personal Information We Collect
We receive and store any information you enter on the Company Site or give us in any other way (your “Personal Information”). This Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and, where appropriate, credit card number. Also, when you visit the Company Site, we or third-parties acting on our behalf may place a “cookie” (a text file containing a randomly assigned number) on your computer so that we have the ability to customize the look and feel of the Company Site for you. You are always free to set your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent or to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may impede your use of certain of the Company Site’s features. Using embedded tracking technology, we or third-parties acting on our behalf may also collect a variety of other information regarding your usage of our website, including your IP address, your username, your session ID, the name of the browser you are using, information regarding web pages you view, and information regarding referring web pages, when you access our website.
2. Why We Collect this Information
The Personal Information we collect from you is used to process your registration and/or gift and/or Personal Information, to respond to your request for products and services, for provision of such products and services, to determine your satisfaction with your gift(s) and/or purchase(s) and/or requests for information and to customize our future interactions to meet your needs. The information about your computer and/or your mobile device is used to analyze marketing statistics, identify trends and continually improve the way in which we serve you.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
Not surprisingly, much of the value that we provide through the Company Site requires the use of your Personal Information. To be specific, we or third-parties acting on our behalf use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To customize the look and feel of the Company Site for you;
- To internally monitor our customers’ usage of the various aspects of the Company Site in order to enhance the products and services that we currently or will, in the future, offer;
- To send you material about topics on which you have requested more information; and
- To provide you with technical and other support.
While we or third-parties acting on our behalf use information about our users on an aggregated basis and will often share such data with unaffiliated third parties, this information, by its aggregate nature, contains none of your Personal Information.
When we refer to an “unaffiliated” third party, we mean one that (i) is not controlled by us, (ii) does not control us, and (iii) is not controlled by the same party controlling us.
4. We collect information for the following purpose(s):
- Completing or supporting an activity;
- Tailoring the website for its visitors;
- Building records of visitors for the purpose of research, analysis and reporting;
- Building records of visitors for the purpose determining visitors habits, interests or characteristics in order to make decisions that my directly affect the visitor;
- Contacting our visitors (except via telephone) for promotion of the site or products;
- Contacting our visitiors via telephone for promotion of the site or products;
- Other purposes.
5. When We Disclose Your Personal Information
- If required by law, regulatory or court order, or legal process;
- If we determine that doing so would be in the public interest (i.e., if we were to suspect that you were using the Company Site in connection with the commission of a crime);
- In connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of the Company;
- If you provide such information to us in connection with a promotion of a good or service offered by a third party, for purposes of such promotion, including, without limitation, sharing such information with that third party;
- To provide you with certain services on the Company Site that are provided by such parties, as reasonably required to provide such services and;
- In the context of working with third-party contractors engaged by us in the provision of the Company Site or related matters.
After we or third-parties acting on our behalf disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties in such instances, we can no longer control the use or further disclosure of your Personal Information. Consequently, we or third-parties acting on our behalf will not be responsible to you for such use or further disclosure.
6. Who has access to the information we collect?
- Ourselves and/or our agents which utilize the information only for the purpose given;
- Delivery services possibly following different privacy practices;
- Agents that follow our privacy practices.
7. How long is information kept?
Information is retained for an indeterminate period of time.
If you believe that our website has collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please contact us using the address at the top of this page.
8. Correcting Your Information
You can ensure that your account information is correct and current by reviewing and updating it at any time. You may do so as often as necessary by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you in updating your information.
9. Email Referrals
If you choose to use any website referral function (as may be provided by the Company from time to time) to tell friends about the Company Site, you will be required to provided your name and email address and the email addresses of your friends. The form automatically sends your friends a one-time email inviting them to visit the Company Site. We do not access or store this information, except to send the invitation to visit the Company Site. By using the referral form you are authorizing us to contact your friends on your behalf and to list your name and email address as the referring party.
We take precautions involving physical, electronic, and managerial controls to protect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, and alteration any of your Personal Information in our possession. We may employ industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer encryption when requesting certain financial Person Information from you. We do not, however, use such encryption during your day-to-day use of the Company Site. You should note that the confidentiality of any information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
11. Links to Other Sites
12. No Data Transmission Guarantee
There is no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse, every time. We or third-parties acting on our behalf do not ensure or otherwise warrant the security of information that you provide. We do use the tools that are commercially available to secure our systems, monitor them and adopt new and better tools as they become available. Also, we or third-parties acting on our behalf cannot vouch for the privacy measures of other websites or wireless networks, should you visit them via a link from the Company Site. Our provision of hyperlinks is for your convenience and does not imply that the Company endorses or has an association with the linked sites. Please note that if you transmit your information using an on-device client, your information will be traveling over the wireless network provided by your network provider and the Company cannot ensure the privacy of your information when it travels over such third party networks.
13. Changes to this Policy